Fifty-one meeting and event professionals from around the world, including 25 Canadian planners, recently received the Certificate in Meeting Management (CMM) from Meeting Professionals International.
The Canadian professionals who received the CMM designation are:
- Lorna Bainbridge, CMM, Meetings with Content
- Annette Bennitz, CMM, Fallsview Casino Resort
- Ellen Boddington, CMP, CMM, Stellar Conference & Event Management Inc.
- Brenda Carter, CMM, KPMG MSLP
- Wendy Eligh, CMP, CMM, Canadian Paediatric Society
- Sandra Gollnick, CMP, CMM, Alberta Health Services
- Bobbi Hoffman, CMP, CMM, The Bayley Group
- Robin Howarth, CMM, Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall
- David Jewell, CMP, CMM, HelmsBriscoe
- Stephanie Lander, CMM, Direct Energy Centre & Allstream Centre at Exhibition Place
- Angela Layton, CMP, CMM, HealthTech
- Joy Leonte, CMP, CMM, Allstream Centre
- Genaya MacMillan, CMP, CMM, Halifax World Trade and Convention Centre (WTCC)
- Melissa Moskal, CMP, CMM, PRIME Strategies
- Michelle Posner, CMM, Grant Thornton LLP
- Laura Purdy, CEM, CMM, Direct Energy Centre & Allstream Centre at Exhibition Place
- Mary Ann Quait, CMM, Hilton Hotel and Suites Niagara Falls
- Barb Robinson, CMP, CMM, University of Alberta Conference Services
- Jo-Anne Rockwood, CMP, CMM, PRIME Strategies
- Laura Rodrigues, CMP, CMM, RBC Insurance
- Kelly Shannon, CMM, Peller Estates Winery
- Bettyanne Sherrer, CMP, CMM, ProPlan Conference Planners
- Rose Timmerman Gitzi, CMM, RTG Special Events
- Natalie Wilson, CMP, CMM, RBC Global Asset Management Inc.
- Katherine Wright, CMP, CMM, The Wright Solution (Event Management)
Established by MPI in the late 1990s, the CMM program is an intensive learning opportunity designed for experienced and highly-accomplished members of the global meeting and event community. To qualify for the program, candidates must serve in a management-level position and have at least 10 years of industry experience.
“MPI’s CMM program is a rigorous professional development initiative focusing on the strategy and business of meetings and events. By earning the highly-respected CMM designation, these 51 leaders have invested in their professional development,” said Paul Van Deventer, president and CEO of MPI.