Avalon Waterways‘ 2014 European fleet will include eight Panorama-class Suite Ships, each featuring two full decks of 200- and 300-square-foot Panorama and Royal Suites.
Patrick Clark, managing director of Avalon Waterways, says that the design of the Suite Ships was inspired by the company’s travellers–not accountants who want more people and less space. “We understand that each staterom should be an oasis for guests to escape to, not escape from,” he adds.
Features of the Suite Ships include:
- 30 percent more space overall
- Redesigned open-air balcony with an 11-foot wall of windows and 7-foot opening
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall, panoramic windows (four out of five staterooms)
- More storage and closet space
- Deluxe Comfort Collection Beds with Egyptian super-combed cotton linens, European-style duvets and choice of pillows
- Sound-dampening insulation
- Wood finishes and recessed lighting
- Plush robes, slippers, stocked mini-bars, complimentary water
- Large, tile shower with glass doors, marble countertops and premium fixtures in bathroom
Avalon’s Suite Ships will sail the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers in 2014.