The Canadian Association of Exposition Management (CAEM) announced its 2014 Hall of Fame Inductees and Member Awards winners at a gala dinner held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre last week.
The CAEM’s Hall of Fame, which is sponsored by GES Global Experience Specialists, honours industry leaders who are viewed as professionals committed to quality and mentors willing to share their wisdom and industry knowledge. This year’s inductees are:
- Hall of Fame Inductee in the Associate Category: Arlene Campbell, General Manager, Sales and Events, Direct Energy Centre
- Hall of Fame Winner in the Industry Builder Category: Walter Oster, Chairman and CEO, Canadian National Sportsmen’s Shows
Member of the Year Awards are given to individuals who, through contribution of time and talent, have made an outstanding and special contribution to the CAEM and the industry in the past year. The Member of the Year Award is sponsored by SHOWTECH Power & Lighting. The 2014 winners are:
- Member of the Year in the Exposition Category: Laurie Paetz, Western Show Manager, Canadian National Sportsmen’s Show
- Member of the Year in the Associate Category: Dion Burt, Vice-president and General Manager, Lange
Other awards given out at the gala celebration are:
- Give Back Award: Sponsored by the Canadian National Sportsmen’s Shows, this award is presented to a member organization who, not for financial reasons, has contributed to the enhancement of their community, within the past year. The 2014 winner is event and transportation specialist LANGE.
- The Rising Star Award: Sponsored by Mendelssohn Commerce Events Logistics, this award is presented to a member who is relatively new to the industry and who has excepted expectations. This year’s winner is Kyle Dugan, CEM, Event Coordinator, CONEXSYS Registration Ltd.
“The incredible accomplishments of the individuals being recognized by CAEM are a direct contribution to the vibrancy of Canada’s events industry. Congratulations and thank you to each award winner for making our industry better and brighter,” said Lisa McDonald, president of CAEM. “CAEM is successful because we have a very strong and dedicated group of volunteers that devote their time, expertise and passion in leading the organization. As a team, they are committed to making a difference!”
At the gala, the CAEM also recognized the latest graduates of the Certified in Exhibition Management (CEM) Program. They are:
- Sarah Borisko, CEM, The International Centre
- Raine Davis, CEM, Canadian National Exhibition Association
- Jennifer Forndron, CEM, Mary Kay Canada
- Ken Jattan, CEM, Exhibition Place
- Sushma Khamani, CEM, Ontario Hospital Association
- Jennifer Main, CEM, GES – Global Experience Specialists
- Carrie Paolone, CMP, CEM – Scotiabank Convention Centre
- Nick Samain, CEM – SME Canada
- Suzy Sanford, CEM – Canadian Franchise Association