Hilton Worldwide and DoubleTree by Hilton announce the opening of DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton following a comprehensive multi-million dollar property-wide transformation of the former Mayfield Inn and Suites. DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton is owned and managed by SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts.
“DoubleTree by Hilton has experienced tremendous growth in Canada in recent months, and the opening of DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton marks another great milestone as we debut the brand in Alberta,” said John Greenleaf, global head, DoubleTree by Hilton. “We are excited to bring our globally-recognized service culture to guests in West Edmonton, starting with the iconic warm chocolate chip cookie welcome upon arrival.”
DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton features the state-of-the-art SilverBirch Conference Centre®, which has 38,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with the latest built-in technology. The centre offers: Connections Café® with complimentary WiFi, espresso machines and an assortment of indulgences (smoothie shots, fresh fruits and vegetables, pastries and healthy treats); two grand ballrooms; and 15 meeting rooms, including seven soundproof rooms. It can accommodate groups of up to 700 people.
The hotel’s amenities include:
- All-day dining at Stages Kitchen & Bar
- Mayfield Dinner Theatre (also available for events)
- Crabtree & Evelyn’s Citron body care products
- Guestrooms with expansive work areas and 42″ HDTV
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel and in all guest rooms
- Range of suites: bi-level, two-bedroom and presidential
- Complimentary 24-hour business center
- 24-hour fitness center and heated indoor pool
The property is located 28 miles from the Edmonton International Airport; 5.6 miles from the city center; and 2.8 miles from the West Edmonton Mall.