The DoubleTree by Hilton brand has entered the Vancouver Island market with the opening of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Victoria.
The 181-room property, previously the Executive House Hotel, has had a comprehensive multi-million dollar renovation that included a complete redesign of the lobby, public space and guest rooms.
“DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Victoria marks the first hotel for our brand on picturesque Vancouver Island, offering guests the perfect escape where they can relax, rejuvenate and have the best experiences this marvelous destination has to offer,” said John Greenleaf, global head, DoubleTree by Hilton. “We are eager to welcome guests to this hotel so they can experience the award-winning service culture for which the DoubleTree by Hilton brand is known—starting with our famous warm chocolate chip cookie welcome at check in and continuing through the entirely of their stay.”
Cookies & More
The 19-storey hotel is located directly across from the Victoria Conference Centre and is just steps away from the city’s Inner Harbour. Features and amenities include:
- modern West Coast-style design enhanced by natural earth tones and art from local artist, Anne Griffiths
- mix of single rooms, and one- and two-bedroom suites, all equipped with refrigerator and microwave
- 89 suites with a separate living area with pullout queen sofa bed and dining areas
- 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness centre with all new equipment
- 24-hour connectivity centre in the lobby
- meeting space opening in 2016 and 2017
- Bartholomew’s English-Style Pub — an on-site restaurant serving an extensive list of local beers and offering live music every Thursday through Sunday
- Aroma Actives natural skin and body care line
- The Sweet Dreams™ by DoubleTree Sleep Experience program, featuring down pillows and plush bedding
The hotel is owned by Executive House Ltd. and managed by Mairet Consulting and Management Ltd. It is located at 777 Douglas Street, Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 2B5.