Four Canadians are among the 17 event professionals who earned a Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation from the International Special Events Society (ISES) this summer.
Alexandra Armstrong from Edmonton, AB, Kevin Coutu from Markham, ON, and Tara Sweeney and Dustin Westling, both from Calgary, AB, along with 13 U.S. event pros can now put CSEP after their names.
Established in 1993, the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation recognizes event professionals who have successfully demonstrated the knowledge, skills and ability essential to perform all components of a special event. According to ISES, the program was developed to:
- Increase the proficiency of event professionals
- Elevate industry standards and practices
- Establish the level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification
- Promote the advancement of the special events industry
- Advance the careers of practitioners
- Acknowledge the high caliber work of CSEPs and the value of the products and services they provide
ISES was founded in 1987 to foster enlightened performance through education while promoting ethical conduct. The association has grown to more than 5,5000 members active in 52 chapters throughout the world.