The doors have opened at SLS Las Vegas, the first major casino resort to debut in Las Vegas in several years.
Created by hospitality company sbe, SLS Las Vegas is housed on the site of the legendary Sahara Hotel. The complete renovation of the property totaled $415 million.
“The opening of SLS Las Vegas is a major milestone, not only for the expansion of the SLS Hotels brand, but for the future of Las Vegas,” said Sam Nazarian, founder, chairman and CEO, sbe. “We’re very excited to welcome guests to experience the property and the incredible concepts we’ve built with our dedicated partners, and we look forward to watching the North end of The Strip continue to grow.”
SLS Las Vegas features:
- 80,000 square feet of flexible event spaces, including 30,000 square feet of dedicated meeting space and a 9,000-sq.-ft. ballroom
- 1,600 rooms in three distinctive towers—World, Story and Lux
- an exclusive collection of high-end suites designed by Lenny Kravitz and Kravitz Design Inc.
- a culinary team led by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés
- interiors from design icon Philippe Starck consulting through Gensler
- eight eateries: José Andrés‘ Bazaar Meat; Mediterranean escape, Cleo; Katsuya by Starck; 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria; breakfast hotspot, The Griddle Cage; Umami Burger Beer Garden & Sports Book; Ku Noodle, a casual Asian eatery also by Andrés; The SLS Buffet; and The Perq.
- three nightlife concepts: LiFE – a 20,000-sq.-ft. mega club featuring a rooftop pool and emerging DJ talent; Foxtail (edgy nighttime atmosphere highlighted by open format music and celebrity appearances); and The Sayers Club, the second location of one of Los Angeles’ most popular live music venues.
- 10.000-sq.-ft. Fred Segal shopping experience (Fred Segal is the property’s exclusive retailer)
- Ciel Spa
“We’re thrilled to introduce the newest resort experience on The Strip and confident that guests will enjoy the range of amenities on property,” said Rob Oselund, president and COO of SLS Las Vegas. “We’re excited to see our vision for the property come to fruition and look forward to creating memorable experiences for our guests for many years to come.”