Meliá Hotels International has opened a five-star property in Qatar.
The Meliá Doha is located in the prestigious West Bay region of Doha. the capital city of Qatar. It is the second hotel for the Meliá brand and the company’s third project in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region.
“We are excited to enter the evolving Qatari market with the introduction of Meliá Doha, the country’s first 5* Spanish hotel, located within the West Bay region. The Middle East is a key growth market for Meliá Hotels International and we anticipate significant interest from both the business and leisure markets as the region continues to evolve and grow,” said Gabriel Escarrer, vice-chairman and CEO of Meliá.
The hotel offers:
- 280 rooms and 37 suites, including a 4,700-square-foot Royal Suite on the skyscraper’s 39th floor
- 9,000+ square feet of meeting space, including a ballroom with 300 (banquet) and 400 (cocktails) capacity
- three restaurants: award-winning Signature by Sanjeev Kapoor (Indian fine dining); Aceite Restaurant (Spanish tapas); and Nidaaya All Day Dining (international cuisine with live-cooking stations)
- additional f&b: RiQQa, a modern boutique and coffee shop; Noir cocktail bar; and Le Pool Club, a casual option for food and drinks
- “The Level” service concept, which includes complimentary food presentations, exclusive access to The Level Lounge, early and late check-in and -out, access to a conference room and private airport transfers
- health club with gym
- temperature-controlled pool
The Meliá Doha is located 10 minutes from Hamad International Airport and close to the city’s financial, shopping and diplomatic districts.