Meetings + Incentive Travel (M+IT) is now accepting nominations for its 2014 Hall of Fame Awards program, which features a brand new category—The Big Idea. Click here to nominate a peer or yourself!
M+IT‘s Hall of Fame is the Canadian MICE industry’s only independent awards program. Since its launch in 2009, it has honoured 33 members of the meetings, events and incentives community.
Hall of Fame categories are:
- NEW this year!! THE BIG IDEA: Honours an individual planner or supplier who has come up with and helped to implement an idea that has improved the productivity, profitability, culture and/or operational systems of a specific company/business.
- INDUSTRY BUILDER: Honours an individual planner or supplier who has developed best practices, created professional guidelines and/or built a product, service or organization that has improved the way the industry does day-to-day business, added to the industry’s overall foundation, and left a legacy.
- INDUSTRY INNOVATOR: Honours an individual planner or supplier who has developed and implemented a service, product or concept that modernizes the industry and moves it forward.
- INDUSTRY MENTOR: Honours an individual planner or supplier who through his or her expertise, profession influence or academic position has provided others with the opportunity, inspiration or ability to pursue excellence.
- INDUSTRY PLANNER: Honours a meeting or incentive travel planner who represents everything a planning professional should be.
- INDUSTRY VOLUNTEER: Honours an individual planner or supplier who gives freely of his or her time or expertise in the promotion of industry associations, groups, professional industry chapters or charity work.
- INDUSTRY RISING STAR: Honours a planner or supplier, with a total of two to five years experience in the industry, who has demonstrated leadership and the desire to become an ambassador for the industry.
The Call for Nominations closes MONDAY, APRIL 21, 2014. The 2014 Inductees will be announced live on the first day of Incentiveworks, Canada’s leading trade show and conference for event professionals. Incentiveworks 2014 runs August 19-20 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Hall of Fame nomination information will be available from M+IT team members at the following industry events:
February 6, 2014: CSAE Tête-à-Tête, Ottawa Convention Centre, Ottawa, ON
February 10, 2014: MPI BC Education Conference, Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel, Vancouver, BC
February 18, 2014: Québec Day, Fairmont Royal York, Toronto, ON
February 20-22, 2014: C2O CanSPEP Conference, Ottawa, ON
March 4, 2014: M+IT University, Pan Pacific Vancouver, Vancouver, BC
March 5, 2014: M+IT University, BMO Centre, Stampede Park, Calgary, AB
March 6, 2014: MPI Toronto Awards Gala, The International Centre, Toronto, ON
March 25, 2014: M+IT University, Ottawa Convention Centre, Ottawa, ON
March 26, 2014: M+IT University, Le Centre Sheraton Montreal, Montreal, QC
April 10, 2014: National Meetings Industry Day (NMID) – Look for M+IT staffers at MPI Chapter events in Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
April 10-11, 2014: – MPI Montréal & Québec’s Convivium 2014, Fairmont Le Château Montebello, Montebello, QC
If you have questions about the Hall of Fame program, please contact M+IT editor Lori Smith at 416.442.5600 ext. 3254, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.