Meetings + Incentive Travel (M+IT) announced its 2015 Hall of Fame inductees this morning in a special, live presentation at IncentiveWorks™ 2015, Canada’s leading meeting, events and incentive travel trade show and conference. The show runs today and tomorrow at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto.
(l-r) Mariela McIlwraith; Sandra Wood; Helene Moberg, Chuck Schouwerwou; Krista Cameron; Elle MacPherson; Tahira Endean: and Mariella Irivarren.
“This year’s inductees are an inspiring group of people who have made, and continue to make, great contributions to the industry,” says Robin Paisley, managing director, IncentiveWorks/M+IT. “We are delighted to welcome them into our Hall of Fame family.”
The 2015 Inductees are:
- INDUSTRY VETERAN: Ellie MacPherson, senior vice-president, SM+i/Strategic Meetings + Incentives
- INDUSTRY PLANNER: Chuck Schouwerwou, CMM, CMP, President and Principal Meeting Planner, ConferSense Planners Inc.
- INDUSTRY BUILDER: Mariela McIlwraith, CMP, CMM, MBA, president, Meeting Change
- INDUSTRY INNOVATOR: Sandra Wood, CMP
- INDUSTRY VOLUNTEER: Hélène Moberg, Destination Halifax
- INDUSTRY MENTOR: Krista Cameron, Destination St. John’s
- INDUSTRY RISING STAR: Mariella Irivarren, CMP, BMO Financial Group
- THE BIG IDEA: Tahira Endean, CMP, Manager, Events, QuickMobile for the non-vendor specific, 10 CE hour Mobile App Certificate Program.
M+IT and IncentiveWorks are owned by Newcom Business Media. Meetings + Incentive Travel is Canada’s premier events, meetings and incentive travel industry magazine and website. It launched its Hall of Fame in 2009 to recognize individuals who have distinguished themselves in the Canadian meetings and incentive travel industry. Inductees are selected from nominations put forth by industry peers in seven categories: Rising Star, Volunteer, Builder, Planner, Innovator, The Big Idea and Mentor. An eighth award, Industry Veteran, is given out to individuals at the discretion of M+IT. Nomination forms for the 2016 Hall of Fame will be available on www.meetingscanada.com on January 8, 2016.