Meetings + Incentive Travel’s Call for Nominations for its Hall of Fame Awards program is now open. Click here to nominate a peer or yourself!
M+IT‘s Hall of Fame is the Canadian MICE industry’s only independent awards program. Since its launch in 2009, it has honoured 41 members of the meetings, events and incentives community.
Hall of Fame categories are:
- THE BIG IDEA: Honours an individual planner or supplier who has come up with and helped to implement an idea that has improved the productivity, profitability, culture and/or operational systems of a specific company/business.
- INDUSTRY BUILDER: Honours an individual planner or supplier who has developed best practices, created professional guidelines and/or built a product, service or organization that has improved the way the industry does day-to-day business, added to the industry’s overall foundation, and left a legacy.
- INDUSTRY INNOVATOR: Honours an individual planner or supplier who has developed and implemented a service, product or concept that modernizes the industry and moves it forward.
- INDUSTRY MENTOR: Honours an individual planner or supplier who through his or her expertise, profession influence or academic position has provided others with the opportunity, inspiration or ability to pursue excellence.
- INDUSTRY PLANNER: Honours a meeting or incentive travel planner who represents everything a planning professional should be.
- INDUSTRY VOLUNTEER: Honours an individual planner or supplier who gives freely of his or her time or expertise in the promotion of industry associations, groups, professional industry chapters or charity work.
- INDUSTRY RISING STAR: Honours a planner or supplier, with a total of two to five years experience in the industry, who has demonstrated leadership and the desire to become an ambassador for the industry.
The 2015 Inductees will be announced live on the first day of Incentiveworks, Canada’s leading trade show and conference for event professionals. IncentiveWorks 2015 runs August 18-19 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
If you have questions about the Hall of Fame program, please contact M+IT editor Lori Smith at 416.442.5600 ext. 3254, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.