Seven Canadian meeting and event professionals recently received their Certificate in Meeting Management (CMM) designation from Meeting Professionals International (MPI). The certification and designation recognize a planner’s demonstrated ability to manage and deliver meetings and events that drive organizational success.
The planners who earned the designation are:
- Kate Cheney, CMM, CMP, ConventionALL Management Inc., Calgary, AB
- Tina Debos, CFA, CMM, Women in Capital Markets, Toronto, ON
- Lina DiMatteo, CMM, CMP, Toronto, ON
- Colleen Deckert, CMM, Investors Group, Winnipeg, MB
- Christine Gruber, CMM, CMP, Ontario Real Estate Association, Toronto, ON
- Julie Harrington, CMM, CMP, Ontario Stone Sand & Gravel Association, Mississauga, ON
- Karin Pearce, CMM, CMP, Cascadia Motivation, Red Deer, AB
In addition, 40 meeting and event professionals, primarily from the United States, received their CMM designation.
“The Certificate in Meeting Management has been valued by the meeting and event industry since its inception in the mid-1990s. By earning the certificate and designation, these 47 leaders have made a significant investment in their professional development,” said Paul Van Deventer, president and CEO of MPI.