Produced by Meetings + Incentive Travel (M+IT) magazine, IncentiveWorks is Canada’s largest and longest running trade show for the meetings, events and incentive travel industry. M+IT is a division of Newcom Business Media, owners of Truck World, Expocam, and co-owner of the North American Commercial Vehicle Show.
We are looking for an energetic, polished, and highly detailed-oriented assistant show manager who’s ready to join the team that produces “the event” for people who produce business events.
Are you ready to:
- Build relationships with our long term and new exhibitors—we expect no less than stellar customer service
- Support and guide our full and part-time event coordinators to ensure their success
- Work with management, stakeholders, internal and external teams to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Manage all show logistics: including show floor presence and features, exhibitor services, securing vendors and partners, sponsorship deliverables, show guides, onsite staffing, production schedules, budgets, integration of trend-forward elements as well as showcase interactive tools and advances.
- Work directly with sales team to ensure targets are met
- Ensure consistency across all elements, while adhering to overall brand guidelines and standards
- Support event marketing activities
- Identify best practices and integrate into planning process.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate an impeccable attention to detail and a cool head under pressure
- Be professional in every way – we are not just a show – we represent the industry we work in
- Volunteer in the industry and attend industry events as required
- Understand that not every day is 9 to 5. Balance will be found—but not every day.
- Strive to learn at every point of their career
- Possess excellent interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills
- Have an honest desire to move the meetings and events industry forward
- Thrive in a small team environment.
The fine print:
- Degree or certificate in Event Management, Marketing and a minimum of five years’ experience on shows is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products, WordPress and online registration required.
- Clean driving record and use of a vehicle for work
- Travel and industry involvement expected
- This position works out of our 80 Valleybrook Drive, Toronto location
This position reports Robin Paisley, Managing Director, Meetings + Incentive Travel.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com