The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, a 16-storey upscale lifestyle hotel located in Chicago’s artistic River North neighbourhood, is slated to open February 2014. The 221 room hotel includes a 10,000 square foot, multi-use indoor/outdoor lounge and meeting space on its fourth floor.
Designed by Chicago-based Valerio Dewalt Train, the hotel is a striking, modern structure with an industrial facade and marble-clad, elliptical hotel lobby. Architect David Jennerjahn explains that the they “conceived of the hotel’s design as a taut wrapping of cubist forms that shift inward and outward to reveal the building’s expressive structural frame. Both daring and honest—a real Chicago building.”
- white lobby with recessed ceiling; spherical central lighting fixture; alcove and structural seating; and floor-to-ceiling windows
- fourth floor lounge area with touchscreen concierge boards
- complimentary high-speed WiFi in all guestrooms and public spaces
- 182 guestrooms, 12 executive king rooms, and 27 one-bedroom Godfrey Suites
- lounge space with retractable roof
- indoor and outdoor space that can accommodate events ranging from small corporate board meetings to social dinners and weddings of up to 150 guests, or receptions for 400 or more
- 24-hour fitness center
- within walking distance from top restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and more
The Godfrey is the first hotel project partnership with Oxford 127 Huron Hotel Venture Property Company, LLC, an Oxford Capital Group, LLC-led venture, and Cube Capital, a $1.3 billion global alternatives investment manager.