Rendering of the Alohilani Infinity Pool, one of two new pools being added to the Pacific Beach Hotel as part of its $115 million USD redevelopment.
OAHU – The Island of Oahu, Hawaii, has added a slew of new hotels and restaurants offering a diverse range of options for meetings and incentive travel groups.
- Pacific Beach Hotel has announced plans for a $115 million redevelopment that will transform the Waikiki hotel.
- The five-star, 371-room Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina, on Oahu’s western coast, has opened.
- Oahu welcomes Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach, the island’s first Hilton Garden Inn and the world’s largest, at 623 guestrooms, which officially opened in June.
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach, is accepting reservations. The Ritz-Carlton Spa will open in September 2016, along with Hawaii’s first Dean & DeLuca and Sushi Sho.
- The Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club offers an insider’s view of authentic Honolulu, with 112 rooms inspired by North Shore surf bungalows of vintage Oahu.
- Turtle Bay Resort revealed expansion plans for the 880-acre resort, which will include a 452-room hotel, two golf courses and horse stables.
The Island of Oahu also dishes up a cornucopia of food and restaurant choices.
- The 244-seat beachfront Fish House restaurant, from executive chef Martin Knaubert, recently opened at the Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina.
- The reimagined International Market Place, opening in Waikiki on Aug. 25, is adding Hakkasan Group’s social dining concept Herringbone, and Japanese-inspired Baku.
- Sixteen new restaurant concepts from Japan will make their Hawaii debut this fall as part of the Waikiki Yokocho Gourmet Alley.
- Kualoa Private Nature Reserve introduces its new Taste of Kualoa tour for 2016, which allows guests to experience the food of the reserve.
- Handcrafted Restaurants announced the early fall opening of 7,000-square-foot Moku Kitchen in the SALT at Our Kakaako development.
- Executive chef Colin Hazama has revamped lunch at Surf Lanai at The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort. Selections include Lemon Verbena Chilled Shrimp and the Royal Alii Burger.
- Hawaii culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi recently introduced 140-seat, open-air Roy’s Beach House as Turtle Bay Resort’s new destination restaurant overlooking Kuilima Cove.
- Mahina & Sun’s is Oahu-born chef Ed Kenney’s fourth eatery featuring his island cuisine in the Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club.
- Eat The Street, Hawaii’s monthly food truck and street food rally, is held on the last Friday of every month in Honolulu’s Kakaako district.
- Hawaii chef Andrew Le of The Pig & The Lady announced the opening of his second restaurant, Piggy Smalls, slated to open in September.
- Celebrity chef Michael Mina’s 8,600-square-foot STRIPSTEAK Waikiki is expected to open Aug. 25 on the newly redeveloped International Market Place’s third-level Grand Lanai.