July 26, 2010
Park Hyatt Toronto has announced the launch of Meet and Be Green, a program that encourages planners and guests to make eco-friendly choices for their meetings.
The program centres around 10 steps:
- Using products with 100% recycled content
- Printing materials locally
- Minimizing shipping
- Placing writing materials and handouts in a central location, rather than on each individual seat
- Maintaining room temperatures
- Eliminating the use of disposable water bottles
- Minimizing the use of other disposable products for refreshments
- Selecting locally grown, seasonal foods during menu planning
- Planning ahead to ensure the meeting is economical and eco-friendly
The Park Hyatt Toronto’s team of meeting planners will help source products with recycled content, find local suppliers, and maximize efforts to reduce waste.
For new meetings booked by Dec. 30, 2010, and held by March 31, 2011, groups participating in the Meet and Be Green program will be eligible for a three per cent rebate on qualifying charges on the master bill.
Click here for full details of the program and promotion are available.
Practical Tips on How to ‘Green’ Meetings
Planning a Green Meeting: Industry Roundtable
‘Going Green’ Isn’t Always Smooth Sailing