Meeting Professionals International (MPI) has published its Meetings Outlook™, 2014 Spring Edition. The newest installment of the quarterly special report predicts continued growth in virtual and hybrid meetings and slight shifts in budgets while reporting on the overall health of the meeting and event industry.
Key findings in the report include:
- 73% of respondents predict better business conditions; 13% predict no change in business conditions; and 14% predict worse business conditions
- 43% of respondents predict a budget increase; 41% of respondents predict no change in budget; 16% of respondents predict a budget decrease
- 52% of respondents are experiencing shorter lead times; 17% are seeing longer lead times; 30% say lead times not changing
- 53% of respondents predict an increase in live attendance while 33% predict no change and 14% predict a decrease
- 51% of organizations report using virtual and hybrid technologies for meetings and events
- the majority of respondents (66%) predict an increase in virtual attendance. Five per cent of respondents predict a decrease and 30% predict no change in virtual attendance
- virtual/hybrid meeting options are being used to enhance face-to-face meetings (25%); integrate online and remote meeting elements (26%); replace face-to-face meeting elements (9%).
To view the full report, visit www.mpiweb.org/meetingsoutlook.