The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. officially opened its first hotel in Israel on December 17th. The property, a first-of-its-kind, luxury “urban resort,” is located in Herzliya, a waterfront, leisure destination on the Mediterranean adjacent to Tel Aviv, Israel’s “Silicon Valley.”
“It is a privilege to bring The Ritz-Carlton legendary service to Israel at this beautiful seafront location in the greater Tel Aviv area” said Herve Humler, president and Chief Operations Officer, The Ritz-Carlton. “The Ritz-Carlton service philosophy will be brought to life by a committed team of Israeli ladies and gentlemen at our 85th hotel”.
The Ritz-Carlton, Herzliya is situated above the Herzliya Marina, Israel’s largest marina. Its 115 guestrooms include 66 deluxe rooms (at least 645 sq. ft.); 36 superior rooms; 10 standard rooms; two junior suites; and one presidential suite. In addition, it has 82 residential apartments consisting of one-two bedroom suites, duplexes and penthouses.
Its business event spaces include a lobby level ballroom and two boardrooms. The ballroom features natural light and views out over the Mediterranean. It accommodates 250 guests theatre-style and 130 banquet-style. The boardrooms both seat 75 theatre-style.
The hotel also features:
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa: A joint venture with Shiseido spas, it offers a full range of body and facial treatments, including signature treatments developed exclusively for the property. It includes: five treatment rooms; a couple’s treatment room; dry and wet saunas; Turkish Hammam bath; and pre- and post-treatment Relax Lounge.
- The kosher Herbert Samuel Restaurant, created in partnership with the hotel by celebrated Israeli chef Yonathan Roshfeld.
- A collection of artwork throughout the hotel centred on an original video-art piece by Ayal Landseman, specially commissioned for the lobby area.
- Lobby Lounge and open air, rooftop cocktail lounge
- Rooftop pool with 360 degree view of the Mediterranean coast and the beaches of Herzliya.