Ubud, the cultural and spiritual heart of the Indonesian island of Bali, is now home to the third bespoke resort in the Ritz-Carlton Reserve® portfolio.
Mandapa, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve debuted on September 5th. Named after the entrance to a traditional Hindu temple, it offers individually-tailored spiritual, wellness, health and detox programs, complemented by the personalized attention of a dedicated Patih or butler.
Mandapa features traditional yet contemporary Balinese interiors by Jeffrey Wilkes of Asia-based DesignWilkes. Each of its 35 suites and 25 private pool villas has hard- and soft-goods made from indigenous, sustainably-sourced materials, many of which reflect the natural world.
Other special features at the Reserve include:
- a traditional rice field in the center of the reserve, where guests can learn and experience the time-honored methods of growing and harvesting this culinary staple
- four restaurants and lounges offering an array of authentic Indonesian cuisine, Mediterranean dining, and tailored health-conscious menus for wellness and detox programs that incorporate the freshest local ingredients
- Dining Beyond, an exclusive culinary journey, will allow guests the chance to dine in special and exclusive locations within the Reserve and feature a tailor-made menu
- an organic garden and farm
- Kid’s Hut where young guests can take part in nature-based educational experiences, which are offered in partnership with The Green School in Bali
In addition, the Spa at Mandapa offers holistic, comprehensive wellness and lifestyle programs based on six pillars – Balinese Spa, Detox and Nutrition, Alternative Therapy, Body Therapy, and Healing. Featuring eight treatment rooms and utilizing both ESPA and local products, the spa complex also features a state-of-the-art fitness center, sauna, river-front yoga studio, vitality-pool, and relaxation areas.
The Ritz-Carlton Reserve brand was created to offer extraordinary experiences at one-of-a-kind boutique resorts. The first property in the portfolio opened on the auspicious date of December 12, 2012 (12/12/12) in Phulay Bay, Thailand. The second property, Dorado Beach in Puerto Rico, opened shortly after.
Three more properties are in the brand’s pipeline. They will be located in Panama, Mexico and Morocco.