The award-winning Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego has completed the first phase of the remodeling of its meeting spaces.
Part of a multi-million dollar renovation in progress at the hotel, the recently completed phase includes:
- Complete renovation of the first and fourth floor meeting spaces, including two ballrooms.
- Significant upgrades to the wireless network, increasing from 40 Mbps to 450 Mbps, including the addition of wireless overlays to accommodate increased wireless device usage
- Added addition hand-points for audio/video production creating more floor space for event use
- For comfort, “8-hour banquet” chairs with flex backs and a webbed seat design added to all meeting space
- The addition of three meeting planner offices in close proximity to the meeting space
- Upgrades to the way-finding system throughout the hotel’s electronic reader boards, which include touch-screen technology
- The addition of Bright Box cell charging stations, which are available for group sponsorship or individual use
- Upgraded all of the lights in the renovated meeting space to LED lights, which are not only environmentally-friendly but allow more lighting options for the customer
“We really took into consideration the needs of our meeting planners and group attendees when planning this integral phase of the renovation,” says John Schafer, area vice-president and general manager of the property. “In addition to the variety of structural, technological and aesthetic improvements, upgrades were made to ensure that meetings are effective and efficient, based on the feedback of our clients.”
In addition to the meeting space renovation, the hotel’s fitness cent4er has been doubled in size and stocked with new fitness equipment.
The hotel completed the first phase of renovation in July 2013 with the total redesign of its 1,628 guest rooms and suites. The next phases will include: complete renovation of the second and third floor meeting space, renovations made to all the food & beverage outlets and a complete revamp of Kin Spa.