The International Special Events Society (ISES) has recognized 18 event professionals, including seven Canadians, who earned the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation in July and August 2013.
Canadians who have earned the designation are:
- Leslee Bell, president, Decor and More Inc.
- Mary Jane (Molly) Howlett-Sexsmith, Event Manager, Calgary Stampede
- Rebecca Cotter, owner and principal planner, Rebecca Cotter Productions
- Christian Devillers, event producer, e=mc² event management inc.
- Alison Rannelli, event/marketing specialist, McCarthy Tetrault
- Tanya Cropley, event professional, POP Kollaborative
- Charlene Roth-Diddams, owner, Broad Solutions Inc.
They are joined by 10 U.S. event professionals: Nadine Dekema, Cheryl Haney, Kristin Olafsdottir, Evan Schaefer, Elana Hertel, Susan Levick, Nancy Strutzenberg, Tarin Horan, Mary Ellen Miller and Kelly Thompson. Richard Foulkes from the United Kingdom also received his CSEP designation.
Established in 1993, the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation recognizes event professionals who have successfully demonstrated the knowledge, skills and ability essential to perform all components of a special event.