Do you travel in Canada, the United States or between the two? Do you hate long line-ups?
IncentiveWorks, Canada’s leading tradeshow for the meetings and incentive travel industry, has been invited to participate in a special NEXUS enrollment blitz sponsored by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
As part of the NEXUS enrollment blitz, CBP and CBSA officers will be available at IncentiveWorks to conduct onsite NEXUS interviews for IncentiveWorks’ participants (planners and exhibitors). The event will take place August 19 + 20, 2014.
Here’s what you have to do to participate in the blitz.
1. Figure out if you qualify. Citizens and permanent residents of the Canada or United States who are admissible to both countries and pass criminal history and law enforcement checks qualify to apply. Some restrictions may apply to permanent residents. Refer to the CBSA website for additional details.
2. Complete the NEXUS online application by June 13, 2014. The fee is $50 US per applicant. Have the following information available before beginning the application process:
- five years of address history
- five years of employment history including company names, addresses and telephone numbers
- a document to prove citizenship (i. e. passport, birth certificate)
- a document to prove residency (i.e. driver’s license, utility bill, etc.)
NOTE: The online application is submitted through the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) website, which is operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
3. Advise IncentiveWorks’ event coordinator Stephanie Hiltz (email@example.com) that you have completed the NEXUS online application. The blitz is only open to IncentiveWorks participants. You MUST be REGISTERED for IncentiveWorks and have notified Stephanie that you have applied for your NEXUS card by June 13th in order for your application to be processed in time to participate in the blitz.
4. Get an appointment: You will receive an email from CBSA/CBP advising if your application has been conditionally approved. IncentiveWorks will provide your 15-minute appointment date and time by AUGUST 8, 2014.
5. Bring the original documents you used in your online application (passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, etc.) as well as a copy of your conditionally-approved letter to the appointment.
You will receive your NEXUS membership card and instructions on how to activate it within two weeks of finalizing the enrollment process. Then it’s goodbye long line-ups. NEXUS cards are valid for five years.
Need more information? Visit www.incentiveworksshow.com/nexus-enrollment-blitz-at-the-show/
NEXUS is a Trusted Traveler Program designed to expedite the border clearance process for low-risk, pre-approved travelers. NEXUS members also receive expedited Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) screening through a Trusted Traveller priority line when travelling through all eight Canadian international airports as well as at the Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, St. John’s, Moncton, Quebec City, Kelowna and Regina airports; and expedited US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screening when travelling within the United States and select international flights at over 100 participating airport locations. As an added benefit, American and Canadian citizens and permanent residents who are successfully enrolled in the NEXUS program will also receive membership in the U.S. Global Entry program without additional charge.