Following an extensive $15 million renovation, the Palacio del Inka hotel in Cusco, Peru has joined Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.’s The Luxury Collection portfolio.
Owned by Libertador Hotels, Resorts & Spas, Palacio del Inka is The Luxury Collection’s third hotel in Peru. With its opening, Starwood expands its footprint in the country to six hotels and resorts.
Located in the heart of Cusco, the historic Palacio del Inka is located directly across from the preserved ruins of the Qoricancha, or Temple of the Sun. It was originally part of the Incan civilization in the early 15th century and later designed and inhabited by Spanish conquistadors in the 16th century. Its extensive renovation was a two-year project led by Latin America architectural and interior design firm Caparra Entelman & Asociados in collaboration with local artisans, craftsmen and the community.
The hotel features:
- 203 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, including 17 Casa de los Cuatro Bustos Suites with 13-foot high ceilings
- five event spaces with seating capacity for up to 400 guests, all of which have been restored by local artisans
- a spa decorated with grained tornillo woods, gold patina doors and local Travertine Angelica marble, offering a signature treatment called Qoricancha, a revitalizing body therapy that includes wrapping the skin in 24 karat gold
- the Inti Raymi restaurant which offers innovative international cuisine incorporating seasonal and local Peruvian ingredients
- the Rumi Bar, designed with an original Incan wall at the center, offering appetizers and an extensive wine and cocktail menu, including the hotel’s famous Pisco Sour