Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. has revealed the first 10 properties to receive its new Sheraton Grand designation.
One of the many new initiatives for Sheraton 2020, Sheraton Grand is a new premier tier recognizing exceptional Sheraton hotels and resorts for their enticing destinations, distinguished designs, and excellence in service and guest experiences.
“Sheraton is Starwood’s largest and most global brand, and as we continue our work to firmly keep Sheraton in the spotlight, we recognize the need to better match guest expectations for the brand around the world,” said Adam Aron, Starwood’s interim CEO. “Sheraton Grand celebrates our standout hotels and helps us further reinforce Sheraton as a trusted voice in global travel.”
The inaugural properties are:
- Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel – Brigade Gateway: Situated in a landscaped 40-acre neighbourhood in India’s IT capital, the property features a luxurious infinity pool, panoramic views of the adjacent Brigade Lake, and stately guestrooms.
- Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel: Located in the heart of Beijing’s business district, the hotel offers impressive culinary experiences, an array of spectacular function space totaling more than 25,000 square feet, views of the Bird’s Nest and Water Cube stadiums, and easy access to historical attractions such as the Great Wall.
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai: A 54-story beacon on the city’s popular Sheikh Zayed Road, the first Sheraton new-build in Dubai in more than 30 years features a rooftop pool, a 10,000-square-foot spa, a glamorous ballroom, and refined guestrooms with views of the city’s landmarks.
- Sheraton Grand Edinburgh Hotel: This property has a city-center location and dramatic views of Edinburgh castle. It is home to an award-winning spa with a lavish infinity pool, as well as a restaurant serving an inventive menu of British dishes and drinks, including more than 60 premium varieties of gin.
- Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort: The only beach-front hotel in Rio de Janeiro, the resort features stunning views of the city’s towering mountains, landmarks and tropical surf, and boasts an extensive spa with ocean views, fully remodeled guestrooms and suites, and a variety of dining options.
- Sheraton Grande Ocean Resort: This award-winning golf resort in Miyazaki, Japan, boasts panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. It has 10 restaurants and bars offering guests a variety of dining experiences, including Tatsuya Kawagoe Miyazaki operated by celebrity chef Tatsuya.
- Sheraton Grande Sikhumvit: An iconic address in the heart of Bangkok, this hotel features a wide variety of suites surrounded by tropical gardens, award-winning restaurants, a rejuvenating spa that serves as a sanctuary of stillness, and a dramatic free-form pool nestled in lush gardens.
- Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel: Located in the heart of Taipei, this property has multiple restaurants catering to all palates; more than 25,000-square-feet of function space; and recreational facilities that include a squash court, modern fitness center, and sauna.
- Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel: An official hotel of Tokyo Disney Resort®, the property boasts lush on-site gardens, scenic waterfront vistas and soothing waterfalls in the heart of Japan’s capital. It has a hydroponic farm producing fresh food and onsite gardens inclusive of premium sports and arcade facilities such as Treasures! Island and Namco Land Game Arcade.
- Sheraton Grande Walkerhill: Designed to highlight the natural surroundings of the Han River and forest paths sheltered by Acha Mountains, this Seoul, Korean property features a casino, three floors of world-class luxury shopping, and a seasonal camping area where guests can barbecue.
“We expect many of our Sheraton hotels to achieve the Sheraton Grand designation, and we will work with our owners to open new Sheraton Grand hotels or renovate existing properties to ensure a consistent and exceptional experience in our new premier tier,” said Dave Marr, Global Brand Leader, Sheraton Hotels & Resorts. “The worldwide network of Sheraton Grand will promote growht and lure more high-end travelers for the Sheraton brand globally, and we look forward to welcoming 100 Sheraton Grand hotels by early 2017.”
As Sheraton Grand formally launched worldwide, the tier will also encompass a number of existing properties that historically list Grand or Grande in their title and also demonstrate the best of the brand.