Starwood Hotels & Resorts Inc. has unveiled a comprenhensive, 10-point plan designed to put Sheraton Hotels and Resorts back in the global spotlight.
Sheraton 2020—a nod to the plan’s five-year timeline—includes a new $100 million Sheraton-focused marketing campaign; the launch of the new premier tier, Sheraton Grand; continuous innovation of the Sheraton guest experience; an unwavering commitment to service excellence; the implementation of revenue and profit-driving initiatives to benefit owners and developers; and a goal of opening more than 150 new Sheraton hotels worldwide by 2020.
“Sheraton is Starwood’s largest, and most global brand, with a nearly 80-year history as a pioneer and true beacon of hospitality around the world,” said Adam Aron, Starwood CEO on an interim basis. “With Sheraton 2020, we are marshalling the formidable might, muscle and creativity of our organization, which has famously distinguished itself as the industry’s premier brand builder and innovator. This is a top priority, and we will act boldly to put Sheraton back on its rightful pedestal as a global hotel brand of choice, everywhere.”
The 10 points of Sheraton 2020 are:
- Introduce New Sheraton Brand Positioning
- Create and Deliver $100 Million Sheraton Marketing Campaign
- Launch Sheraton Grand (elevate 100+ premier Sheraton hotels to new Sheraton Grand tier focusing first on global gateways)
- Earn Owners’ Confidence in Sheraton
- Ignite Associates’ Passion for Sheraton
- Get Service Right at Sheraton
- Reclaim Sheraton’s Status as THE Meetings Brand
- Innovate the Sheraton Guest Experience Continuously (sleep, entertainment, fitness, f&b, bath, Sheraton Club)
- Differentiate Sheraton through Design
- Strengthen Sheraton by Opening 150+ New Hotels by 2020
The roll-out of the initiatives is already underway. The new brand positioning and global advertising campaign is scheduled to launch in September.