Two Canadians are among the 10 event professionals who earned the Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) designation in October 2014, reports the International Special Events Society (ISES).
Diana Kyle, Admissions event coordinator at The King’s University in Edmonton, Alberta and Shauna Hardy Mishaw, executive director of the Whistler Film Festival Society, Whistler, British Columbia received their CSEP designations along with the following event pros:
- David McCartney, CSEP – Port of Spain, Trinidad
- Audrey Alverson, CSEP – Pinson, AL, USA
- Marilyn Coates, CSEP – Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Sharon Gabriel, CSEP – Norfolk, VA, USA
- Natalie Glasgow, CSEP – Glen Ridge, NJ, USA
- Brad Hansen, CSEP – San Francisco, CA, USA
- Megan Iacobellis, CSEP – Norfolk, VA, USA
- Amy Stevens, CSEP – Norfolk, VA, USA
The CSEP designation
was established in 1993. It recognizes event professionals who have successfully demonstrated the knowledge, skills and ability essential to perform all components of a special event. The CSEP designation offers a competitive advantage when soliciting business as either a special events industry supplier or planner.