Madeleine Bart, event coordinator for the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) and Kristine Koonts, CMP, executive events manager for the Vancouver Convention Centre, have been selected for the 2015 “20 in their twenties” class by the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA).
The program is designed to engage the best and brightest young professionals in the meetings industry by recognizing emerging leaders, who are helping accelerate the industry and carry it into the future. Membership in the PCMA is not a requirement.
“The quality of our applicants this year was outstanding,” said Deborah Sexton, PCMA presidnet and CEO. “While this is just our second PCMA ’20 in their twenties’ class, it is clear the young leaders in our industry have diverse talents and are making a true impact on the organizations they work for.”
PCMA’s 2015 “20 in their Twenties” class, including Bart and Koonts, is:
- Ashley H. Akright, CMP, Manager of Conference Coordinators, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
- Magdalina A. Atanassova, Communication Manager, AIM Group International
- Madeleine Bart, Event Coordinator, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
- Michael W. Cubbage, Principal, Meeting Contractors, LLC
- Katrina L. Dunn, Meetings and Foundation Senior Manager, American Society for Nutrition
- Danielle E. Foster, MBA, Meeting Planner, Certified Angus Beef, LLC
- Katharine L. Gausmann, Meetings and Events Specialist, American Feed Industry Association
- Kacie Hackett, Sr. Coordinator, CES Conferences, Consumer Electronics Association
- Kristine Koonts, CMP, Executive Events Manager, Vancouver Convention Centre
- Jennifer Kuchenbecker, CMP, Director of Conferences and Events, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
- Alana K. Mallory, CWP, Meetings and Events Coordinator, America’s Essential Hospitals
- Leucepe Martinez, Production Assistant, Worldwide Business Research
- Madeja M. Metcalf, Meeting Coordinator, American Institute of Steel Construction
- Samantha L. Moore, Meetings Coordinator, American Bakers Association
- Janet Partlow, CMP, Senior Meetings Manager, J. Spargo & Associates, Inc.
- Cara Pratt, Director of Sales, Destination Partners, Inc.
- Lindsay K. Pund, Management Associate, BCD Travel
- Kristina Simkins, Product Director, OnPeak
- Jessica L. Smith, MTA, CMP, Senior Meetings Planner, American Bar Association
- Jennifer Vaseleck, Assistant Director of Meetings, NASPA – Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education
Applicants to the program had to be 29 years old or younger, employed full-time in the industry, and able to demonstrate ways that they consider themselves to be industry leaders.
The individuals selected receive:
- complimentary 2015 Convening leaders and Education Conference registration
- funds to cover travel expenses to attend Convening Leaders
- discounted registration to attend Convening Leaders and Education Conference until they reach the age of 30
- complimentary 2015 membership in PCMA and discounted membership until they reach the age of 30
- the opportunity to be paired with a member of the PCMA Board of Directors, Foundation Board of Trustees, or Past Leaders for three face-to-face or virtual mentoring sessions to assist in further development of their career
- recognition at Convening Leaders in January, as well as in Convene Magazine and other PCMA communications
The “20 in their Twenties” program is supported by the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Austin Convention Center.