VIA Rail Canada unveiled its new Prestige Sleeper Class as well as several new and renovated cars at Rendez-vous Canada, which was held May 27-30, 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The Prestige Sleeper Class provides a new level of comfort and service for travellers on the Canadian, which travels the Toronto to Vancouver route—one of the world’s greatest train journeys.
Highlights of Prestige Class include:
- personalized, dedicated service by the Prestige Concierge
- a cabin 50 per cent larger than the current cabin for two in Sleeper Plus class
- windows 60 per cent larger than the windows in the Sleeper Plus Cabin
- private washroom with shower
- flat-screen TV with video selection
- minibar stocked with a selection of beverages
New and renovated cars presented at the show include Dining, Manor Château, Park, Skyline, Economy and the recently inaugurated Business Class cars used on the popular corridor route between Québec City and Windsor.
The new train car equipment is part of the Canadian government’s $1 billion investment in new infrastructure.