October 6, 2011
Coast Hotels & Resorts has launched the eCoast Green Meetings program.
The program measures the carbon footprint of each meeting and provides environmentally sustainable products and services that adhere to the principles of waste reduction, water conservation and responsible energy use.
The core principles of the Green Meetings program requires that:
- No disposable plastics will be used. Reusable utensils, plates and cups are used instead of plastics or, where available, bio-based flatware and recyclable/biodegradable plates and cups are offered
- Disposable water bottles won’t be used. Beverages will be available at a central location at the back or side of the meeting room.
- White boards or flip charts with recycled paper will be available.
- Garbage and recycling bins will be provided in all meeting rooms. If the property has a composting program, compost bins will also be provided.
- Recycled note pads will be available at the back of the meeting room instead of on each seat.
Eleven Coast Hotels & Resorts’ properties in B.C. and Alberta are taking part in the eCoast Green Meetings program.
For the full press release, please click here.