WestJet is launching new non-stop service to Florida, Mexico and Costa Rica. The Calgary-based airline is also adding more than 85 flights across its domestic and international network. The changes are part of its 2015-2016 flight schedule.
“WestJet continues to enhance its strong position in key sun markets with the addition of more destinations in areas popular with Canadian travellers,” said Chris Avery, WestJet vice-president, Network Planning, Alliances and Corporate Development. “Our upcoming winter schedule also adds many new routes, extends routes from season to year-round and increased frequencies within Canada to improve our business and leisure products. In particular, our new non-stop service to Boston from Halifax and Toronto complements our growing list of U.S. business destinations.”
WestJet will launch new non-stop service between Toronto and West Palm Beach and Toronto and Sarasota, as well as between Toronto and Boston and Halifax and Boston. The airline will also introduce new service to Mexico between Toronto and Huatulco, Toronto and Merida, and Toronto and Cabo San Lucas as well as additional service to Costa Rica between Toronto and San Jose. WestJet already serves Liberia.
The airline has also announced that new weekly non-stop flights to Orlando will be offered from the Region of Waterloo International Airport and Charlottetown Airport.
WestJet New Route Details
- Routes, frequencies and dates effective of the new Central and Eastern Canada routes are:
- Toronto-Boston, MA: Three times daily beginning March 15, 2016
- Toronto-Sarasota, FL: Twice weekly beginning December 18, 2015
- Toronto-West Palm Beach, FL: Twice weekly beginning December 11, 2015
- Toronto-Huatulco, Mexico: Twice weekly beginning December 13, 2015
- Toronto-Merida, Mexico: Weekly beginning December 15, 2015
- Toronto-Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: Weekly beginning December 19, 2015
- Toronto-San Jose, Costa Rica: Twice weekly beginning December 15, 2015
- Kitchener-Orlando, FL: Weekly beginning December 10, 2015
- Halifax-Boston, MA: Daily beginning April 15, 2016
- Charlottetown, PEI-Orlando, FL: Weekly beginning December 18, 2015
WestJet is also increasing service from a number of destinations within Central and Eastern Canada including Toronto, Halifax, St. John’s, Deer Lake and Charlottetown, as well as from Toronto to Liberia, Turks and Caicos, Puerto Plata and Punta Cana.
In addition, the airline is increasing non-stop flights between Calgary and Florida, Costa Rica and Mexico, and between Vancouver and Orlando. A number of increased frequencies in Western Canada have also been announced.