Take this informative guide with you on your next site inspection.
• Adequate parking spaces reserved for disabled persons near the main entrance?
• Clear walkway with ramps to entrance?
• Attendant available to assist delegates?
• Adequate room in front of a doorway?
• Doorways easy to open and wide enough?
• Reception desk low enough to accommodate wheelchairs?
• Signage clearly posted?
• Carpeting or area rugs securely in place?
• Adequate room to move around in reception halls or foyers?
• Proper elevator access?
• Adequate room for a wheelchair in the washrooms?
• Grab bars for people with limited mobility and in wheelchairs?
• Mirror, hand-dryer and paper towels low enough for everyoneto access?
• Public telephones low enough for everyone to access?
• Proper lighting for visually impaired people to see numbers when dialing?
• Volume adjustment for people with hearing impairments?
Food & Beverage
• Tables have proper leg-room and easy access for people in wheelchairs?
• Proper lighting for visually impaired people to read menu?
• Layout and design accommodates any delegates with disabilities?
• Aisles wide enough for easy access?
• Designated seating to accommodate participants with special needs?
• Proper lighting?
• Furniture arranged to allow for easy access to dressers?
• Bed easily accessible from both sides?
• A table or desk high enough for people in wheelchairs?
• Light switches flat, wide and low enough for people in wheelchairs?
• Bathrooms with ample room?
• Grab-bars placed near toilet and bathtub?
• Doorway wide enough for wheelchair access?